IERAPETRA, CRETE, GR. – Arthur Balder was presented by Eleni Vlassi, artistic director and founder of the Ierapetra International Documentary Film Festival, with the Michel Foucré Award for Best Directing for his work in AMERICAN MIRROR: INTIMATIONS OF IMMORTALITY, which was part of the official selection.
The festival’s audience, spread over the prefecture of the Greek island of Crete, out of the 167 films in participation in its different sections additionally bestowed the Audience Award 2019 on AMERICAN MIRROR: INTIMATIONS OF IMMORTALITY.
With these two wins AMERICAN MIRROR: INTIMATIONS OF IMMORTALITY became most awarded film of 6th Ierapetra International Documentary Film Festival, alongside with “Searching for Andreas: Political Leadership in Times of Crisis”, directed by Harris Mylonas and Theo Prodromidis, which also garnered two awards from the Greek competition of the festival.
The members of the International Competition Section Jury of the 6th Ierapetra International Film Festival were:
- Philippe Muyl – President Director, Writer.
- Nir Avieli Professor of Food Anthropology at Ben Gurion University of Israel, President of the Israeli Anthropological Society.
- Benoît Lelièvre Director, Art Director.
- Nissim Gal Professor of Art History at University of Haifa, Israel.
- Christoforos Charalambakis – Honorary President Professor of Linguistics at the University of Athens.